Monday, January 6, 2014

Desires for 2014

Have you ever thought you knew something for a long time, maybe even your whole life and than suddenly one day, you realize you had it wrong.. big time.  

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart".

Now personally, I always thought this meant if I followed Jesus and was a "good" christian, God would respond by supplying me with the things I desired.  How frustrated I have been at times, wondering why did not see the desires of my soul, why I was going without answer on the the things I so desparately longed for...

and then one day ... just in passing I heard a woman say about something she was embarking on , "God has placed that desire in my heart" and it was as if a bright light came on.  

Once I have set upon the road to getting lined up with him, my entire being becomes his.. who am I to have "desire" apart from what his desires are?  He does not give me desires as one "granting wishes" he actually puts desire in my very heart for those things he desires!  

Ok so if you figured this out a long time ago, than you get an idea of how thick headed I am finding out I really am.  

Once I started to meditate on this, I see the desires he has put in my heart, I desire his kingdom on earth and I desire that not one go without the true Joy found in a walk with him.  My heart is desperate for these things and believe me that is only possible because of him. 

I long for the answers to prayer that will bring me what I need only to fulfill the desires he has given me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment